Sorry, no results found.
The Regard modular lounge system supports times of transition to make every moment more meaningful.
SUPPORTING TIMES OF TRANSITION
The Regard system was created to solve the challenges of today’s waiting places, where people sit isolated, disconnected, uncomfortable and unproductive. Providing the right blend of solutions, Regard helps make these moments more meaningful by offering greater comfort, connection and privacy.
Designed to improve transition moments in healthcare waiting places, Regard also supports learning and working in libraries, cafes and other in-between spaces at education institutions and corporations.
INTIMACY + SEPARATION
While waiting, most people seek separation from strangers and closeness to family, coworkers or classmates. Some like the stimulation of TV, while others prefer a quiet setting to focus on a task or read.
Regard provides a range of privacy options. Integrated dividers, screens and planters define and protect personal space in open environments. Regard booths give a familiar place where small groups can gather for private conversations.
Regard creates the right settings for leveraging technology in multiple ways. With integrated outlets at the surface, Regard provides easy access to power for personal devices. This enables productive waiting. And media cabinets bring monitors down to eye level, so people can choose whether or not to watch.
People benefit from movement and productive activities while waiting. Whether lounging, perching or sitting, the ability to choose setting and posture gives people more control over transition times, which improves the overall experience.
Regard supports many comfortable and relaxing postures while also providing appropriate settings for task work at a table.
Each of the 150 Regard components has been designed for easy assembly, reconfigurability and replacement. This means Regard can readily adapt to evolving needs.
The Challenge: WASTING TIME IN TODAY’S WAITING SPACES
Fundamental changes are happening across healthcare, education and business, and everyone’s expectations are higher. And today’s waiting spaces are adding to the problem, not solving it.
The more crowding, chaos and noise around us, the more anxiety we feel. The less physically comfortable we are, the more our stress grows. The more time we waste doing nothing, the more dissatisfied we become.
TRANSITIONS ARE OFTEN OVERLOOKED
By studying the experiences of patients and observing people in more than 60 healthcare waiting rooms, our team of researchers uncovered significant opportunities for improving the places where people wait.
We observed individuals wasting time waiting for direction, consultation and results in uncomfortable, high-anxiety settings. No thought was given to how people were spending this time. This resulted in frustrating experiences for patients and families and lost opportunity for clinicians.
MEANINGFUL MOMENTS – TODAY + TOMORROW
During times of transition, Regard helps everyone make the best use of their valuable time. It fosters connections between people and technology. It provides choice and control over privacy and posture. Regard helps make waiting more productive and satisfying in lobbies, cafes, libraries, collaboration spaces, hallways and corridors.
Designing for Sustainability
We believe the only way to provide the best office furniture solutions is to ensure they’re the best products for the environment. That’s why every step of the way – through design, manufacturing, delivery and product lifecycle – we consider the impact of our work on people and on the environment and uncover opportunities to make things better.
Steelcase supports the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED certification system with products that can contribute to these LEED certification criteria:
- LEED Building Design + Construction (BD&C)
- LEED Interior Design + Construction (ID&C)
- LEED Operations + Maintenance (O&M)
We help customers seeking LEED certification identify products and programs that can contribute to LEED criteria in the categories of Materials and Resources, Indoor Environmental Quality and Innovation (Ergonomics Training, Sustainability Training, Product Innovation).
Since the USGBC and its certification partner, GBCI, evaluate each project individually, the role our products play in achieving LEED certification is unique to each project.
Certifications can help you choose products that are environmentally sustainable and just right for your project. Regard has achieved the following certifications:
ANSI/BIFMA level Certified
Level 3 (excludes casegoods)
Meets Safer Chemicals Challenge
SCS Indoor Air Advantage Certified
SCS IAQ Gold
Standard + Optional Features
Standard + Optional Features
- Base frames and seating components allow for configuration on a 5 ½” module
- Single-sided base frames support modular seating with accompanying single sided backs
- Double-sided base frames accommodate seating on opposite sides with a double-sided back in between
- Bench base frames support two or three bench cushions
- Single-sided planter frame accommodates both seating and planter components
- Booth base frames accommodate booth cabinet and attached seating configurations
- Frames include legs and all required trim pieces
- Available in 11″ and 271⁄2″ depths to accommodate desk cabinets, media cabinets, planters and end-of-run seating
- Frame extensions can be added to either end of double-sided frames or to the back of a 55” single-sided unit
- Backs integrate with single-sided, double-sided, or booth frames
- Single-sided backs attach to single-sided frames or seating frame extensions
- Double-sided backs attach to double-sided frames only
- Available for single-sided, double-sided, bench and booth frames and 27″D frame extensions
- An optional moisture barrier is available for all seat cushions
- Single-sided, double-sided, in-line and contour arm options
- Contour and in-line arms feature optional power integration to support mobile devices and space for personal belongings
- Available as laminate or solid surface
- Available in 3 different sizes to coordinate with Regard seating
- Desk and media cabinets ensure productive waiting and optimize technology support
- Booth provides a boundary from the surrounding environment
- Worksurface is available in high-pressure laminate or solid surface
Planters + Planter Shelves
- Planters are available in four sizes to align with various configurations
- Frosted 6530
- Sugarloaf Maple 2570
- Almond Cherry 2571
- Samba Cherry 2572
- Dark Rum Cherry 2574
- Shiraz Cherry 2575
- Arctic White 2730
- Seagull 2883
- Dune 2885
- Blackwood 2536
- Marbled Maple 2612
- Chocolate Walnut 2614
- Virginia Walnut 2535
- Clear Walnut 2538
- Warm Oak 2539
- Marbled Cherry 2615
- Acacia 2HAT
- Champagne 4750
- Arctic White 7241
- Merle 6527
|Overall depth||Overall width||Overall height|
|Bench||18″||44″ / 66″||14″|
|Single-sided||27 ½”||44″ – 88″||14″|
|Double-sided||55″||44″ – 88″||14″|
|Booth||44″ / 55″||80 ½”||14″|
|Planter||37 ½”||44″ – 88″||14″|
|Planter||11″||44″ – 88″||14″|
|Single-sided back||7 ½”||33″ – 88″||19 ½”|
|Double-sided back||15″||33″ – 88″||19 ½”|
|Seat||20″||22″ / 33″||4 ½”|
|Single-sided arms||20″||5 ½” / 11″||N/A|
|Double-sided arms||20″||5 ½” / 11″||N/A|
|Booth||44″ / 55″||80 ½”||40″|
|Planters||11″ / 22″||22″ / 33″ / 44″||14″|
|Planter Liners||11″ / 22″||22″ / 33″ / 44″||N/A|
|Planter Shelves||11″||44″ – 88″||N/A|
|Glass Screens||N/A||33″ – 88″||14″|
|15″H laminate or solid surface table||N/A||22″ / 26″||15″|
|29″H laminate or solid surface table||N/A||22″||29″|
This product is available in the following regions:
- Central America
- South America
- North America
- Middle East
Not available in your region?
If you're interested in purchasing a product that's not available in your region, please contact your local dealer for purchasing options.