Together, we help people do their best work by creating places that work better.
Working at Steelcase
Life at Steelcase
Follow the Life at Steelcase Instagram account to explore our workplaces through the eyes of employees.
Business Inclusion Groups
We’re proud to invest in employee-led groups that foster inclusive communities for a wide range of identities and interests at Steelcase. We call our employee resource groups, Business Inclusion Groups (BIGs) for good reason. The people and teams who participate in these grassroots groups play a crucial role in fostering cultures of inclusion and belonging. Company support of BIGs increases clarity, improves employee experiences and enhances effective collaboration across teams. Learn more about our current BIGs:
- CHANGEMAKERS: Steelcase Changemakers is our network of employee-led social impact groups around the globe.
- DEI CHAMPIONS: We leverage a network of employees globally to advance our culture of inclusion for all.
- GAMING COMMUNITY: celebrates play in all forms (console, pc and board games) and offers opportunities to bond through gaming and social events.
- GENDER EQUITY NETWORK (GEN): welcomes women into their careers at Steelcase and supports their professional development.
- LA MESA: systematically connects Hispanic & Non-Hispanic individuals at Steelcase who are dedicated to learning and improve career growth strategies for others and becoming the family/familia of choice among our community.
- PRIDE: celebrates and supports LGBTQ+ diversity and creates awareness through storytelling, conversations and activities.
- STEELCASE SALUTES: creates an inclusive ecosystem for veterans at Steelcase and the communities where they live and work.
- WOMEN OF STEEL: empowers women in our Indian manufacturing site, contributes to create a safe, equitable work environment, opportunities for growth and to give back to the local communities.
- WORKING PARENTS: provides learning opportunities around relevant topics and offers working parents a meaningful place to connect.
- YOUNG PROFESSIONALS: provides a fun environment with events geared toward relationship building, personal growth and professional development.
Dealer Business Manager – Grand Rapids, MI.
“Steelcase is a great employer that understands the importance work-life balance. My career allows me to be active and present in my family’s day to day activities. I enjoy being a part of the Centralized Sales Team (CST). I find it to be rewarding, yet challenging. We strive to have a good balance between work and play by having open communication and maintaining key relationships with our partners and our dedicated dealers in the field. I also enjoy helping our dealers create unique and inspiring spaces for their clients from large to small corporations, to our vertical markets in education and healthcare.”
Ana Karen Beristain
HR Manager – Monterrey, MX
“I’ve had the opportunity to grow within the HR team since 2016, Steelcase has offered me to expand my skills and knowledge in other roles and levels while seeing the impact of my work in return to the organization. By far the best work experience.”
Product Engineer – Grand Rapids, MI
“I stay with Steelcase because I’m challenged as an engineer and a person. Steelcase has given me room to pursue volunteer work and community outreach that I wouldn’t be able to do with my own resources.”
Product Engineer – Grand Rapids, MI
“As a Product Engineer with Steelcase, I’ve had so many diverse experiences, working with mechanisms, rapid prototypes, and over a dozen manufacturing processes. The people and teams I work with are second to none, and no two days are ever the same!”
Product Sustainability Marketing Manager – Grand Rapids, MI
“Since I joined Steelcase as an intern in 2020, the marketing team has made great efforts to place me in a position to match my passion – at the intersection of product marketing and sustainability. My role didn’t exist before I joined Steelcase! This is a true testament to how the organization is open to transforming with evolving market demand, customer desire and professional development.”
What Matters to Us
At Steelcase, we believe together we’ll help build a healthy planet, healthy people and a healthy culture. You can be proud to work for a company committed to protecting and preserving the planet, advancing the wellbeing and equality of all people and running our business with integrity. We don’t just help people work better, we help the world be better.
We are proud to have set goals that reflect our approach to our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) priorities.