Amia by Steelcase
Amia is a hardworking, versatile seating solution that adds an element of sophistication to any workspace.
Tucked away inside its backrest is Amia's patent-pending LiveLumbar - a system of flexors that contour to fit your spine, for continuous lower back support as you move in your chair.
You may not see it, but you'll certainly feel it. As you sit in the chair, an adjustable LiveLumbar zone flexes with your every move, for consistent ergonomic support for your lower back. Hour after hour, day after day.
With additional comfort features like 4-way adjustable arms, adjustable seat depth and a flexible front seat edge, Amia keeps you feeling good. It's a chair for every day, that's not your everyday chair.
Amia Design Story
Thomas Overthun (IDEO) and Bruce Smith (Steelcase) solve a "Simple" riddle..."What does an office chair have in common with Volkswagen, cognac, and a failed restaurant?"
In addition to the ergonomic features above, the Amia chair has a range of options:
- Stool version available
- Two finish colors are available: black and platinum
- Optional Sewn cushion
- Optional polished aluminum base
- Available with Steelcase and Designtex fabric, leather, or vinyl as well as COM (customer's own material)
- 3D Knit material available on the chair back with matching fabric seat, or with a seat fabric of your choice.
Amia arm options are:
- Fixed arms
- Height, depth, width and pivot adjustable arms