Multiple Combinations. Simple to Use.
Steelcase finishes are designed for ease of coordination and use, abundance of choice and thoughtfulness to the environment. The offering consists of a wide selection of textiles, paints, decors, veneer finishes, glass, acrylic, metals, and plastics.
The Steelcase Finishes offering share a common colour logic that allows for ease of coordination and use. Our textiles were designed to work with our hard surfaces. Choose any architectural elements for a space, and our surfaces will coordinate with them. Our offering allows for you to create the environment you want, using the finishes you want.
The Global Palette allows companies to create a consistent aesthetic in workspaces throughout the world, even when furniture selection varies from region to region. Intentionally selected to complement one another, textiles, paints, laminates and melamines make global consistency easy.
Buzz2, a Price Grade 2 seating upholstery fabric offers 13 colours. This popular fabric is part of the Global Palette. Buzz2 is made with 100% Polyester, using antimony free yarn and complies with the Oeko-Tex label.
“Antimony free” is defined by MBDC has having less than 100 parts per million of any heavy metal of concern.
The fabric choices within Select Surfaces offer established pricing and have been pre-tested and pre-approved on Steelcase products. The result is an enhanced level of materials choice that is easy to order.
Steelcase Finishes Style Guide
Steelcase Finishes Style Guide
The Style Guide Brochure is available to help you plan effective workplaces. Use the brochure to learn more about the Steelcase Finishes colour strategy and to find colour combination examples.
Surfaces Made Simple.
Innovative, sustainable materials designed by Steelcase.
Our textile selections are timeless, yet relevant and chosen according to specific aesthetic, technical and environmental criteria. All while coordinating effortlessly with the hard surfaces offering.
By looking at color or hue, value from light to dark and range that a finish has to cross-over color families, our hard surfaces collection creates a common color sense that is shared across material types.
Materials within Select Surfaces offer established pricing and have been pre-tested and pre-approved on Steelcase products. The result is an enhanced level of material choice that is easy to order, making it simple – and beautiful – to use Steelcase. By partnering with best in class companies and bringing together curated offerings, Select Surface materials are available on Steelcase furniture in a facilitated way.
New to our Select Surfaces paint offering is Lux Coatings. This collection of four powder-coat paints was designed to introduce a softer, more natural aesthetic into the workplace. Lux Coatings are intended to be tasteful accents that support the shift toward more informal, authentic spaces – while creating an emotional connection with the user.
With a solid base thanks to its healthy growth, innovative products and high quality standards, Egger is one of the leading companies in the wood-based material industry. The Select Surfaces melamine available from Egger gave us the opportunity to expand the offering and enabling our clients to easily order the the colours they love.
FENIX is the new generation of smart materials. With low light reflectivity, the surface is extremely opaque, anti-fingerprint and pleasantly soft to the touch. Superficial microscratches can be repaired thermally. It combines great with Lux to give a luxurious touch to your office.
Plywood comes to enhance our hard surfaces portfolio and bring Biophilia to the office. It is a type of manufactured wood panel. It is made by gluing together plywood layers, also called veneers. These veneers are glued together with adjacent plies having their wood grain at right angles to each other. This allows them to form a composite material. Cross-graining, i.e. having the wood grain at right angles to each other, reduces the tendency of wood to split, as well as reduces expansion and shrinkage. It also makes the strength of the panel consistent across both directions.
A perfect pairing with Steelcase, Gabriel’s commitment to quality, social responsibility, and global design allows us to extend our design choice to customers around the world. Available throughout many different international markets, Gabriel textiles have a unique sense of style and beauty with a global presence. These textiles seamlessly merge environmental consciousness and elegance to become an expressive addition to any product.
The colorful yet simplistic designs of Kvadrat push the aesthetic, technological and artistic boundaries of textile design. Kvadrat’s colorful world of premium textiles are available from Steelcase globally. The company’s distinguished design heritage allows customers to choose from a wide selection of skillfully made finishes that appeal to an international audience.
With the ability to produce 3 dimensional knitted structures using flat bed knitting machines, VISIONknitTM has partnered with Steelcase to offer a knitted product available for use on the B-Free Screen.
Create a Consistent Aesthetic
The Global Palette allows companies to create a consistent aesthetic in workspaces around the world. All finishes are available to order on Steelcase products and are globally accepted.
The geographies represented in the Global Palette include the Americas – North, Central and South; Europe, Middle East and Africa; and Asia Pacific. The offering includes a variety of material types: paint, decor and laminate, plastic, and textiles, knit, and mesh.
Global Palette Paints
The paint options create the foundation of materials choice within the Global Palette. To ensure a balanced and complete offering, we’ve considered color family, value, range, neutrality and global trends.
- Arctic white
- Arctic white gloss
- Champagne Metallic
- Midnight Metallic
- Platinum Metallic
- Sterling Metallic
Laminates + Melamines
Laminates + Melamines
Laminates + Melamines
Our global laminates and melamines are chosen to coordinate with the global paint offering. From warm to cool tones, the offering is made up of both solid and woodgrain patterns.
- Clear Maple/Natural Maple/Maple
- Clear Walnut
- Clear Oak
- Ash Noce
- Bisque Noce
- Clay Noce
- Storm Noce
- Ash Wenge
- Bisque Wenge
- Clay Wenge
- Storm Wenge
Textiles, Knit + Mesh
Textiles, Knit + Mesh
Textiles, Knit + Mesh
We offer a wide range of textures, patterns, colors and price ranges. Each pattern within the textile offering has global relevance, while also having successful regional history. The colors work well with the hard surface palette, making the offering easy to use.
- 3D Knit
- Cogent: Connect/Atlantic
- Connect 3D
- Gaja- Cradle to Cradle (CM)
- QiVi Net
- Reply Air Mesh
- Steelcut Trio
Customer’s Own Material (COM)
The Customer’s Own Material program allows you to tailor Steelcase products to help achieve a customized look. Steelcase products accommodate materials like fabric, leather and vinyl from some of our leading suppliers. We work closely with these suppliers and have established long standing relationships built on trust. Key fabric and leather suppliers included in the Customer’s Own Material selections are Gabriel, Kvadrat, Fidivi, Boxmark and Curtidos Gracia.
The custom decor program allows you to tailor Steelcase products to help achieve a customized look. We work closely with our suppliers and have established long-standing relationships built on trust.
Key decor suppliers include Egger, Depalor, Pfleiderer.
Warranty + Testing
Warranty for materials within Customized Finishes are covered by the supplier and not included in the Steelcase warranty. For fabric, 5 linear metres (chair) and 7 linear metres (panels) are needed for test requirements. The procurement of fabric and any shipping costs are to be paid by the customer. For technical reasons, it is not possible to accept fabrics wider than 1,80 m.
Steelcase is committed to an ongoing effort to reduce waste, while offering choices that minimize our impact on the environment. When designing products, we select materials that are safe and ecologically sound throughout their life cycle. Materials are selected for their conservation of resources and energy, while reducing the weight and number of components of the material.
Post consumer polyester is made from waste material left over after consumer use. Things like soda and water bottles are ultimately extruded and woven into fabric.
Post industrial polyester is made from waste material that is left over from industrial processes and before use by the consumer.
Many of our materials are labelled with the Oeko-Tex 100 Standard, European Flower or are certified Cradle to Cradle™ (C2C) by McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC). All of our particle boards are classified E1 standard, and our European plants are PEFC certified on wood traceability and selection. Visit the resources and tools section for individual swatch cards to find certifications by material.
Care + Maintenance
Use a dry cloth and soapy water. Avoid using strong detergents, solvents and spotting agents.
Types of Stains
- Ballpoint Pen. Soapy water
- Coffee. Soapy water
- Grease. Hot soapy water
- Indelible Ink. White spirit
- Ink Pen. Soapy water
- Sole Marks. Soapy water
- Water-Based Felt Pen. Hot soapy water
- Water. Soapy water
- Wax. Soapy water
- Other Stains. Soapy water, white spirit
Information About Woods
Scratches. Use a desk pad to protect your wood surfaces. Lift objects lying on the veneer, rather than dragging them.
Plastic + Rubber. Use felt or leather pads on the table top. Do not use desk pads that have plastic backing. Avoid leaving plastic folders or binders on your veneer table top.
Effects of Light. Periodically move objects and accessories on your desk around to avoid shadows on the surface.
Reflection. Avoid extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Clean with a soft slightly damp cloth, and then dry using another soft cloth so that no water remains.
- Always wipe the surface in the direction of the wood grain.
- Use soapy water or a solution containing 50% water, 50% alcohol.
- Do not use products with silicone.
If the stain has dried, first brush any excess off by hand or with a brush. Then vacuum the stain, and follow by cleaning using a neutral cleaning agent, such as soapy water. It is important to rinse with clean water afterwards.
Type of Stains
- Alcohol. Fresh stains: Treat with a weak solution of household vinegar, rinse immediately.
- Ballpoint Pen. Treat with a colour-fixing agent.
- Blood. Fresh stains: treat with soap flakes or washing-up liquid, rinse immediately. Dried stains: treat with an enzyme agent, note the recommended reaction time. Dry carefully.
- Butter. Treat with a solvent. OR Fresh stains: treat with soap flakes or washing-up liquid, rinse immediately. Dried stains: treat with an enzyme agent, note the recommended reaction time. Dry carefully.
- Chewing Gum. Treat with a solvent.
- Chocolate. Fresh stains: treat with soap flakes or washing-up liquid, rinse immediately. Dried stains: treat with an enzyme agent, note the recommended reaction time. Dry carefully. OR Treat with a solvent. OR Fresh stains: treat with a weak solution of household vinegar, rinse immediately.
- Coffee. Fresh stains: treat with a weak solution of household vinegar, rinse immediately.
- Cream. Fresh stains: treat with soap flakes or washing-up liquid, rinse immediately. Dried stains: treat with an enzyme agent, note the recommended reaction time. Dry carefully.
- Fruit Juice. Treat the stain with a generally available oxidative bleaching agent. OR Treat with a colour-fixing agent.
- Furniture Polish. Treat with a colour-fixing agent.
- Ink. Treat with a colour-fixing agent.
- Lipstick. Treat with a solvent. OR Treat with a colour-fixing agent.
- Milk. Fresh stains: treat with soap flakes or washing-up liquid, rinse immediately. Dried stains: treat with an enzyme agent, note the recommended reaction time. Dry carefully.
- Oil. Treat with a solvent. OR Treat with a colour-fixing agent.
- Tea. Fresh stains: treat with a weak solution of household vinegar, rinse immediately.
- Urine. Fresh stains: treat with soap flakes or washing-up liquid, rinse immediately. Dried stains: treat with an enzyme agent, note the recommended reaction time. Dry carefully.
- Wine. Fresh stains: treat with a weak solution of household vinegar, rinse immediately.
First, soak up the liquid with an absorbent cloth and roughen the surface of dried stains using a spoon.
The treatment should be used on the edge of the stain first, working towards the middle so as to avoid the stain spreading further. Then, treat the stain according to the following guide.
Types of Stains
- Alcohol. Water with furniture shampoo added, adding a dash of spirit vinegar.
- Ballpoint Pen. Acetone or nail varnish remover – oil-free OR 1 teaspoon of detergent 1 cup of hot water
- Blood. Cold water OR Water with furniture shampoo added.
- Butter. Turpentine AND Stain remover for fat or oil OR Water with furniture shampoo added.
- Chewing Gum. Cool with ice cubes in a plastic bag, break the chewing-gum and carefully remove the loose pieces OR Contact a specialist.
- Chocolate Coffee. Water with furniture shampoo added OR Turpentine
- Cream. Use no 7, adding a dash of spirit vinegar
- Fruit Juice. Water with furniture shampoo added
- Furniture Polish. Stain remover for fat or oil OR Water with furniture shampoo added
- Ink. Water with furniture shampoo added OR Contact a specialist
- Lipstick. Stain remover for fat or oil OR Water with furniture shampoo added
- Milk. One teaspoon of table salt in a cup of warm water OR Water with furniture shampoo added
- Oil. Stain remover for fat or oil OR Water with furniture shampoo added
- Tea. Water with furniture shampoo added
- Urine. Water with furniture shampoo added OR Household disinfectant OR Contact a specialist
- Wine. Water with furniture shampoo added, adding a dash of spirit vinegar
Wipe with a soft cloth. Apply conditioner once or twice a year. Do not use shoe polish.
Types of Stains
- Black Ballpoint Pen. 90° alcohol
- Coffee. Mix water with a small amount of ammonia
- Indelible Ink. Will not come out
- Grease. Apply a grease dissolving spray. Let dry and brush off
- Ink Pen. Warm skimmed milk or lemon juice
- Sole Marks + Wax. Apply a grease dissolving spray. Let dry and brush off
- Water. Blot and let dry, then brush
- Water-based Felt Pen. Ballpoint pen: Water and, if necessary, a little lemon juice
Other Stains. See an expert: www.lederpflege.de