Libraries should inspire learning and self discovery, support the different ways people want to work and promote wellbeing.
How the role of the library is evolving to advance changes in technology, pedagogy and learning.
Supporting the Evolving Library
How are libraries evolving to meet new student, faculty and community expectations? Download our booklet for new library research and thought starters.
Connect + Collaborate
- Optimize adjacencies
- Support social learning
- Plan for informal + formal learning
- Design for creativity + sharing
- Support changing pedagogies
Discover + Support
- Provide opportunities for exploration
- Help students + faculty navigate
- Guide + advise students
- Provide clear access to resources
- Remove barriers to technology
Focus + Be Productive
- Optimize performance in work and study spaces
- Create spaces to concentrate and focus
- Plan for comfort, security and wellbeing
- Empower people with choice and control
- Plan flexibility for changing needs
Stories + Research
Student’s Perspective on Active Learning
A Grand Valley State University student shares how the active learning library impacted her studies.
Oasis for focused work
With the help of Brody, the University of Arizona was able to create a sense of privacy for students to get work done.
Why You Want a Noisy Library
The addition of an Active Learning Center helped the University of Saint Mary scale active learning.