Sorry, no results found.
Sonata modular casegoods define personal space within healthcare treatment settings, providing important amenities to patients and families with easy access for clinicians.
Privacy Without Isolation
In treatment areas, comfort, control and connection are highly important. Sonata modular casegoods define personal space to provide just enough privacy – while maintaining clear sightlines and access to clinicians.
Sonata emphasizes comfort, both physical and emotional. Open storage makes room for personal items in sight, where they won’t be forgotten.
Bench seating and storage welcome family or friends who are present to support their loved one during treatment.
With places to plug in personal devices and space for a private television, patients can engage in entertainment or other activities as treatment occurs.
In Reach, Out of Sight
With Sonata, everything is in its place, right where it’s needed. Clinicians find:
- Convenient access to power and work tools
- Waste bin storage that is hidden but easily accessible
- Surfaces that are at appropriate heights for standing or seated-height work
Made for Change
Because Sonata is modular, components combine and reconfigure with ease to create treatment areas that support evolving work processes and space requirements.
All components are available in both single- and double-sided styles. A common base routes utilities and seals to the floor to facilitate cleaning.
A healthcare environment should consider the needs and activities of clinicians, patients and their families.
Limitations of conventional treatment spaces:
- Patients are separated from clinicians.
- Clinical supplies compete with belongings at the patient’s side.
- Privacy and personal space are not addressed in an environment where people regularly contend with fear, discomfort and a lack of control.
Improving the Treatment Experience
We embarked on an extensive journey of research and design to improve the healthcare journey. We saw clinicians struggling to provide patient privacy in open treatment areas, and conversely, trying to oversee more than one patient at a time in isolated private rooms. In these environments, families and supportive friends were an afterthought.
Personal Comfort, Connection + Convenience
The relationships between people play important roles in the healthcare process. Supportive settings offer control and customization for a range of physical and emotional needs. These settings should also provide space for family members, clear sightlines and access for clinicians and privacy without isolation for patients. When people come together in meaningful ways, care is at its best.
Designing for Sustainability
We believe the only way to provide the best office furniture solutions is to ensure they’re the best products for the environment. That’s why every step of the way – through design, manufacturing, delivery and product lifecycle – we consider the impact of our work on people and on the environment and uncover opportunities to make things better.
Steelcase supports the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED certification system with products that can contribute to these LEED certification criteria:
- LEED Building Design + Construction (BD&C)
- LEED Interior Design + Construction (ID&C)
- LEED Operations + Maintenance (O&M)
We help customers seeking LEED certification identify products and programs that can contribute to LEED criteria in the categories of Materials and Resources, Indoor Environmental Quality and Innovation (Ergonomics Training, Sustainability Training, Product Innovation).
Since the USGBC and its certification partner, GBCI, evaluate each project individually, the role our products play in achieving LEED certification is unique to each project.
Certifications can help you choose products that are environmentally sustainable and just right for your project. Sonata has achieved the following certifications:
ANSI/BIFMA level Certified
Standard + Optional Features
Standard + Optional Features
- Provides standing-height worksurface, pull-out material prep worksurface, and medical supply storage or waste bin storage
- Toe pull is standard to help with hands-free access to waste removal
- Face lock is optional to secure all drawers on nurse servers with drawer and waste bin storage
- Accommodates access to technology, entertainment and additional storage at patient side
- Power is accessed through a cut-out in media unit inner wall
- A combination storage and seating solution
- Top is available as a cushion or solid surface
- Available in single- and double-sided styles with open storage or sliding door
- Accommodates hands-free waste disposal, open and personal storage, and access to power
- Island divider separates upper shelf for double-sided modules
- Open storage provides personal storage at patient side
- Coat hook allows for hanging storage within wardrobe
- Available as single- or double-sided
- Provides a common support for modules
- Attaches to the floor with provided anchors and acts like a utility chase
- Available in a variety of widths to accommodate any product combination.
|Width||12″ – 84″|
|Width||36″ or 48″|
This product is available in the following regions:
- Central America
- South America
- North America
- Middle East
Not available in your region?
If you're interested in purchasing a product that's not available in your region, please contact your local dealer for purchasing options.