Amia: Environmental by Steelcase
Using a holistic environmental approach, a Lifecycle Assessment measures the impact of each step in a product's lifecycle: materials, production, transport, use and end of life. Here are few examples of lifecycle considerations for the Amia chair:
- All materials in the Amia chair were required to pass materials chemistry analysis by MBDC, which tests each substance for safety to human and environmental health. For more information on MBDC testing, please visit their web site, www.mbdc.com.
- The Amia chair is up to 97% recyclable and the use of inseparable mixed materials was avoided to make recycling easier.
- Should you decide to resell, donate or recycle your Amia chair someday, the Steelcase Environmental Partnership program can help connect you with ways to do that.
Some key certifications for the Amia chair:
- MBDC Cradle to Cradle™ Certified – Silver. The U.S. Green Building Council has recognized the importance of Cradle to Cradle design protocol by awarding LEED points based on the use of C2C certified products.
- level™ 2 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard. According to BIFMA, the level™ conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product’s manufacture. level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certification for protecting indoor air quality, so Amia may help contribute toward earning LEED credits for your project.
View Amia's Product Environmental Profile (aluminum base) and Product Environmental Profile (standard base).