Node by Steelcase
Node: seating for the active learning classroom.
The Node chair is mobile and flexible. It's designed for quick, easy transitions from one teaching mode to the next. With Node, a classroom can transition from lecture mode to team mode and back again, without interruption.
Benefits & features
- Casters lend mobility for quick, easy transitions between teaching modes
- Swivel seat keeps open sightlines between student and instructor, whiteboard, and other students
- Personal worksurface swivels in tandem with seat and is adjustable for users of all sizes. It accommodates left- and right-handed students and is large enough to support students' digital and analog resources.
- Tripod base keeps backpacks and valuable personal belongings out of the aisle
- Five-star base provides seat-height adjustability
- Optional cupholder and tablet stand free up worksurface area for books and other technology
- Flexible seat, without pneumatic adjustments to worry about, keeps students comfortable in a variety of postures
- Open seat design offers easy access, while arms serve as backpack hooks
- Comfort without upholstery means easy maintenance
- Steelcase warranty with elevated durability testing makes node an easy choice
- Choose between tripod with storage or five-star with seat-height adjustability, both available with worksurface. Five-star base is also available in stool height.
- In high density classrooms students are often forced to move against the wall, node mid-back supports active learning while minimizing contact with the wall.
- Available with or without worksurface
- Seat shell is available in 21 color options
- Base is available in 3 color options
- Worksurface is available in 5 colors
- Optional cupholder and tablet stand available
- Base options include hard casters, soft casters and glides
The Node chair is shipped in three simple parts (base, seat shell and worksurface-if ordered) that assemble in 30 seconds without tools. Really.